In a new AMA session, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong said that he expects the company to be less about trading, more about adoption.
The cryptocurrency adoption rate is hard to research because of the private nature of cryptocurrencies. Still, there are some things that can be established about what may be slowing down cryptocurrency adoption. As a lot of blockchain platforms have stated, cryptocurrency awareness and education are not yet high enough to lead more people into the industry. Some people don’t even know what cryptocurrencies are, some lack the information about what it may be used for and some see no benefits of it at all. But people well-educated in cryptocurrency do have their own doubts about it, as cryptocurrencies have shown a lack of stability. Cryptocurrency investments and its use as a payment tool is associated with risks. There are also some government events that slow down cryptocurrency adoption, with governmental restrictions on the use of cryptocurrency for businesses and financial institutes.
- Bank of Thailand Is Open to Discuss Libra, Concerned Over Security
- Alleged Silk Road Drug Dealer Arrested in the United States
- Oil Markets Could Save 30% With Blockchain, Data Gumbo CEO Says
- Tether’s Trouble With New York Attorney General — Will Crypto Cope?
- Price Analysis 19/07: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, BNB, EOS, BSV, TRX, XLM