A closer look at EOS Block Producers: What they are, their function and how to become one.
An altcoin, or alternative coin, is pretty self-explanatory. An altcoin is every cryptocurrency alternative to Bitcoin – the first one. Altcoins may differ from Bitcoin in every possible way, such as mining mechanisms, coin-distribution methods or the ability to create decentralized applications.
Although Bitcoin is innovative and massively influential, it has some problems that developers are trying to fix with their own products. There is an altcoin that makes faster transactions, there is an altcoin that is less volatile, there is an altcoin that is more private and so on. There are more than one and a half thousand altcoins on the market at the day this text is written, according to coinmarketcap.com. Altcoins are playing a very important role by expanding boundaries of blockchain possibilities and the scope of applications.
- US Telecoms Giant AT&T Now Accepting Crypto Payments via BitPay
- Report: Telegram to Launch TON Network in Q3 2019
- Morgan Creek CEO Says Every Investor Should Hold Some Bitcoin
- Crypto Markets Turning Green, Oil Prices Tumble
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 22