Jihan Wu, CEO of mining giant Bitmain, believes the next Bitcoin block reward halving may not lead to a bull market, but the coin’s price will grow in the long ...
Bitcoin Mining News
Bitcoin mining is a peer-to-peer process of adding data into Bitcoin’s public ledger in order to verify and secure a contract. Groups of recorded transactions are gathered in blocks and then added into the Bitcoin blockchain. Bitcoin mining requires a lot of resources to protect the network from the possibility of altering past transaction data by making all attempts in changing blocks inefficient for the intruder. Bitcoin mining is rewarded by the network through transaction fees and subsidies of new coins to encourage miners to spend their resources on mining new Bitcoin blocks. As Bitcoin mining is increasingly difficult, it has become impossible to attempt mining as an individual. As a result, most Bitcoin mining is being done by mining pools, which include several participants sharing their reward. Bitcoin mining is controversial, as it is a great tool for securing transactions but complicating the scaling of the network.
- US Treasury Secretary Says Firms Left Libra Due to Compliance Issues
- UK Real Estate Firm Accepts Bitcoin for Sale of 150-Year-Old Church
- Singapore Shipping Association to Deploy Blockchain for Ship Registration
- Electrum Bitcoin Wallet to Support Lightning Network in Next Release
- Bitcoin Price: 2 Key Indicators Suggest Accumulation Underway Below $10K