Fundstrat Global Advisers co-founder Thomas Lee said that the recent Bitcoin pullback is healthy.
Bitcoin (BTC) is known as the first open-source, peer-to-peer, digital cryptocurrency that was developed and released by a group of unknown independent programmers named Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008. Cryptocoin doesn’t have any centralized server used for its issuing, transactions and storing, as it uses a distributed network public database technology named blockchain, which requires an electronic signature and is supported by a proof-of-work protocol to provide the security and legitimacy of money transactions. The issuing of Bitcoin is done by users with mining capabilities and is limited to 21 million coins. Currently, Bitcoin’s market cap surpasses $138 billion and this is the most popular kind of digital currency. Buying and selling cryptocurrency is available through special Bitcoin exchange platforms or ATMs.
- Trump Banning Bitcoin Is Feasible But Highly Unlikely, Says Economist
- Senate Releases Opening Statements on Libra Ahead of Senate Hearing
- Buterin Proposes Bitcoin Cash Integration to Scale Ethereum in Short Term
- Bitcoin Price Clings to $10K Support After a Volatile Weekend
- Top 5 Crypto Performers: BTC, LINK, XMR, BNB, XLM