Fidelity’s crypto arm Fidelity Digital Assets Services reportedly filed with the NYDFS for a New York trust licens.
BitLicense is a business license for using cryptocurrencies with a lengthy list of terms and conditions. It was issued on the 8th of August, 2015, by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS). In general, it defines the major rules on businesses operating with digital currencies, such as virtual currencies’ control, administration, maintenance, storing, holding, issuing, exchange operations, related-software development, etc.
The license is relevant for entities, while retailers and individuals are allowed to make transactions without the use of the license. On the one hand, the business community met the license positively because it provides a legal framework and protection without a need for proving legitimacy of their work to customers. On the other hand, those rules increase both time and costs, which already are in deficit.
- Venezuela Sets New Bitcoin Volume Record Thanks to 10,000,000% Inflation
- Coinbase Added 8 Million New Users in the Past Year
- Bakkt Begins Testing Bitcoin Futures Platform Following Hype and Delays
- Bitcoin Price Clings to $10K But Now Below ‘Neutral Area,’ Says Trader
- Price Analysis 22/07: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, BNB, EOS, BSV, TRX, XLM