The deputy governor of Banque de France said that central banks really only have three available options to address cryptocurrencies: ignore, ban or adopt.
Central Bank News
A central or reserve bank is a governmental financial institution that controls the state’s currency, interest rates and money supply. A central bank is often the regulator of the commercial banking system of its country and acts as a “lender of last resort” to the banking sector when banks find themselves unable to obtain sufficient liquidity without the help of the regulator. A central bank is supposed to be maximally independent from political interference, but usually is under limited control. The main goals of a central bank are high employment, price stability and economic growth, which are achieved with macroeconomic reforms, fights against inflation, capital investments and consulting activities. The main instruments of a central bank are control over interest rates, open market regulations, capital and reserve requirements and regulating currency exchanges.
- Why Is Bitcoin Price Going Up? 4 Indicators Suggest a Potential Bottom
- Samsung SDS Partners With Tech Mahindra for a New DLT Product
- Crypto News From Brazil: Oct. 14–20 in Review
- Libra Surprise, Telegram Drama, Cointelegraph Blocked: Hodler’s Digest, Oct 14–20
- Top-5 Cryptos This Week: XMR, XRP, BSV, LEO, BNB