Crypto custody is the latest buzzword in the industry — but does it have the potential to interest institutional investors in digital assets?
Cold Storage News
Cold storage is a way of storing digital assets without a connection to the internet. Cold storage wallets are protected from unauthorized access, hacks and many other vulnerabilities of internet-connected wallets. Cold storages are widely applied in the cryptocurrency industry. In its most basic form, cold storage can be a paper wallet that has a private key and an address of the digital wallet printed onto a piece of paper. Arguably, the most popular Bitcoin cold storages are hardware wallets like USB drives and smart cards. Bitcoin cold storage wallets are often used by Bitcoin investors with a lot of wealth because of its security advantages. BTC cold storages are a necessity because of the fact that cryptocurrency frauds and hacks of exchange platforms are not compensated by most governments or banks, and the loss of an asset can become irrecoverable.
- How Traders Can Use Twitter to Anticipate Bitcoin Price Moves, Volume
- Are the BZx Flash Loan Attacks Signaling the End of DeFi?
- Half of Predictions Are Right Half the Time — BTC’s Halving Divides Opinions
- Bitcoin Price Grapples With $10K — 2 Scenarios for the Week Ahead
- Top 5 Cryptos This Week (Feb 23): XTZ, HEDG, ATOM, MKR, LTC