Facebook has released the white paper for its stablecoin project.
The definition of a cryptocurrency is a digital currency built with cryptographic protocols that make transactions secure and difficult to fake. The most important feature of a cryptocurrency is that it is not controlled by any central authority: the decentralized nature of blockchain makes cryptocurrency theoretically immune to the old ways of government control and interference. Cryptocurrencies make it easier to conduct any transactions, for transfers are simplified through use of public and private keys for security and privacy purposes. These transfers can be done with minimal processing fees, allowing users to avoid the steep fees charged by traditional financial institutions.
However, the latest news on cryptocurrencies indicates that because cryptocurrencies are devoid of a central repository, a digital cryptocurrency balance can be wiped out by a computer crash, a hack, and other unexpected events.
- Facebook Releases Cryptocurrency White Paper for Libra Currency
- Ripple to Invest Up to $50M in MoneyGram Following New Partnership
- Tezos Commons Exec Raises Concerns Over Suspicious Activity by Hard Fork Developers
- Japanese Gov’t Agency Reports 170% Increase in Consumer Inquiries About Crypto in 2018
- BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, ADA: Price Analysis 17/06