A crypto project claims its “pioneering technology” can deliver strong security and stop malicious actors from orchestrating 51% attacks.
The definition of a cryptocurrency is a digital currency built with cryptographic protocols that make transactions secure and difficult to fake. The most important feature of a cryptocurrency is that it is not controlled by any central authority: the decentralized nature of blockchain makes cryptocurrency theoretically immune to the old ways of government control and interference. Cryptocurrencies make it easier to conduct any transactions, for transfers are simplified through use of public and private keys for security and privacy purposes. These transfers can be done with minimal processing fees, allowing users to avoid the steep fees charged by traditional financial institutions.
However, the latest news on cryptocurrencies indicates that because cryptocurrencies are devoid of a central repository, a digital cryptocurrency balance can be wiped out by a computer crash, a hack, and other unexpected events.
- Vitalik Buterin Proposes Higher Staking Rewards for Upcoming ETH PoS Algorithm
- JPMorgan Chase to Add New Features to Blockchain-Powered Network for Global Banks
- Crypto Markets See Mild Green, Global Stocks and Futures Mixed as Oil Spikes
- Campaign to Raise $1 Mln in Crypto for Venezuelans Registers 60,000 Beneficiaries
- Four Olympic Gold Medals Winner Tennis Player Serena Williams Invests in Coinbase