A Dubai-based Canadian expat has been arrested for peddling an allegedly fraudulent “Sharia-compliant” cryptocurrency and a host of other get-rich-quick schemes...
Dubai is the largest city of the United Arab Emirates and the most important trading, economic and tourist center of the UAE and the Near East. The city functions as a modern center of advanced technologies, so in terms of Bitcoin, Dubai has become a very popular place for startups and trading. The city has also become the first in the Near East that has opened an investment and trading platform with an official license that allows storing cryptocurrency in “cold” storage that, according to its developers, is protected from any natural disaster. In Dubai, cryptocurrency has been met with progressive legislation and high demand because the city works as a link between less developed countries, whose citizens buy cryptocoins in Dubai because of hyperinflation in their countries.
- U.S. Federal Judge Rules in Favor Bitcoin IRA in Case Against Kingdom Trust
- Indian Parliament Will Not Consider Total Crypto Ban in Winter Session
- Department of Homeland Security Awards $200K to Develop Blockchain Security Tech
- Carrefour, Nestlé Use IBM’s Blockchain Platform to Track Infant Formula
- Bitcoin Price Back ‘On the Edge’ Says Trader After $8.8K Rejection