A Ukrainian delegation led by an advisor to president met with Estonian authorities to get an expert evaluation of their e-government concept.
Estonia, or officially the Republic of Estonia, is a state located in northern Europe. Estonia is a member of the European Union and the main feature of its economy, compared with other countries of the Union, is its relatively low taxes. In terms of Bitcoin in Estonia, cryptocurrency is highly popular there and the country is in second place based on the number of internet searches for the term “Bitcoin,” after Russia. Estonia is considered to be a developed technological country. However, authorities do not accept virtual currencies as official tender and believe that its virtual area of circulation is too limited for national economic benefits or threats and, therefore, Estonian Bitcoin regulation remains uncertain.
- Bloomberg: UK Interdealer Broker TP ICAP to Sell CME’s Bitcoin Futures
- Georgian Gov’t, IOHK Partner to Develop Blockchain in Education, Ministry Services
- Bitcoin Surpasses One Million Daily Active Addresses
- Bitcoin Breaks $9,300 as US Stock Market Sees Minor Downturn
- Japan Data Initiative Brings Blockchain Security to 100 Major Businesses