SEC Chairman Jay Clayton said that the regulator needs to deal with crypto custody and market manipulation before approving a crypto ETF.
An Exchange-Traded Fund or ETF is a fund that is traded on a stock market. They function as investment funds which allows everyone access to an index or commodity providing the same profit to investors as the major markets do. Thus, ETF stocks are one of the most popular among exchange users because of the easiness to invest in industries without being charged by the fund manager. Before buying an ETF, it is necessary to check what is included in the fund.
By 2018, it has been reported that The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is considering the idea of creating a Bitcoin-ETF. A Bitcoin-ETF would be an investment tool using Bitcoin as the main asset. The main purpose of it would be to facilitate the investing process into cryptocurrency and make it more attractive for the community.
- Bloomberg: UK Interdealer Broker TP ICAP to Sell CME’s Bitcoin Futures
- Georgian Gov’t, IOHK Partner to Develop Blockchain in Education, Ministry Services
- Bitcoin Surpasses One Million Daily Active Addresses
- Bitcoin Breaks $9,300 as US Stock Market Sees Minor Downturn
- Japan Data Initiative Brings Blockchain Security to 100 Major Businesses