Mark Carney, the Governor of the Bank of England, has suggested a transformation of the global financial system by replacing the U.S. dollar with a Libra-like d...
Facebook is a company that owns one of the largest social networks with the same name. It was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and his roommates during their studies at Harvard University. Initially, it was made as a website internal to the university, which then spread all around the world.
The company has expressed interest in investigating the uses of blockchain technology for Facebook Messenger by launching a new team for this task. However, in the beginning of 2018, it was announced that all advertisements related to cryptocurrency or any other suspicious financial product would be banned on the site in order to provide better security for Facebook users. In addition to this, the absence of legislation concerning the use of cryptocurrency deters Facebook from considering involving it in their payment system.
- Winklevoss Twins on Bitcoin: ‘Wall Street Has Been Asleep at the Wheel’
- Bank of England Governor: Libra-Like Currency Could Replace US Dollar
- Research Suggests Tether Sentiment Could Provide Chance for Manipulation
- Australian Hacker Pleads Guilty to Stealing $450,000 in XRP Last Year
- Price Analysis 23/08: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, BNB, EOS, BSV, XMR, XLM