The malicious Google Chrome web extension was tied to a fake token airdrop from cryptocurrency exchange Huobi.
Google is one of the most popular multinational Internet-related corporation that specializes in virtual products and services. All Google cryptocurrency latest news is about blocking adverts for cryptocurrencies. The company explains that a lot of advertised can be made by scams and they just want to promote better security to people. Not just that though, there also was an announcement that all crypto-related extensions in applications that conclude any scripts for mining will be deleted. Applying for registration suchlike extensions has been already banned while already existed ones will be removed by the end of July 2018. The reason of it is that the number of extensions that do mining without the knowledge of user has surged recently and 90% haven’t met the requirements. Other blockchain-related functions in applications haven’t met any prohibition.
- Crypto Exchange Coinbene Announces Ongoing Maintenance While Customers Suspect Hack
- Report: Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior Owner Develops DLT Project With ConsenSys and Azure
- Over 130-Year-Old Liquor Company William Grant & Sons to Track Whiskey on Blockchain
- Bank of America CTO Catherine Bessant: I’m Privately Bearish on Blockchain
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, Tron: Price Analysis, March 25