Major United States-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase established a second Irish firm to expand its crypto custody services to European institutions.
Ireland is a unitary parliamentary republic in northwest Europe with an area of 70 thousand kilometers and a population of nearly five million people. Ireland has one of the highest GDPs per capita and human development indexes in the world. Ireland’s liberal economic policies resulted in some of the fastest growths of GDP, domestic investments and technology development in the world. Ireland has issued no regulations on Bitcoin and does not consider it to be legal tender. However, the Revenue Commissioners in Ireland are considering implementing a Bitcoin tax into the taxation system of gains and value-added taxes. Also there no regulations in Ireland on Bitcoin mining and Bitcoin exchange. Ireland’s Blockchain Association helps Irish businesses and policy-makers to apply blockchain technology and has an aim of making Ireland the “most blockchain literate nation.”
- Bitcoin Price Reclaims $10K Reversing Weekend Losses, XTZ Soars 13%
- Crypto Exchange Tokenomica Now Offers OTC Crypto-to-Euro Trading
- Is Bloomberg Looking to Take Yang's Spot as the Crypto-Friendly Candidate?
- Peter Schiff ‘Concedes’ Bitcoin Profitable, But Won’t Succeed as Money
- China Tracks Victims of Coronavirus with WeChat and Alipay