Cointelegraph Japan presents a weekly digest of selected cryptocurrency- and blockchain-related news.
Japan is an island nation in East Asia. It is the tenth-largest country in the world by population and has the third- and fourth-largest economy by nominal GDP and purchasing power parity, respectively. Japan has been interested in Bitcoin and blockchain technology developments from the beginning, so the country has become the place of origin for several of the largest Japan Bitcoin exchange platforms, which have expanded to the international level with a wide range of virtual currencies available. Despite serious cyberattacks, the authorities have continued to raise a lot of capital for the popularization of digital currencies. The government considers Japan cryptocurrency legislation as a way to attract international investors from countries where cryptocurrency is banned and, through that, to strengthen the national economy.
- Former Trump Advisor to Release Stablecoin Backed by Fractional Reserve
- The Chainsmokers Back Blockchain-Based Ticketing Platform Yellowheart
- Indian University Students Create Blockchain-Based System for Online Voting
- ‘Death Cross’ Dampens $8.8K Hopes as Bitcoin Price Recovery Stalls
- Price Analysis 21/10: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, TRX