A look at green policy and crypto energy consumption in Japan.
Japan is an island nation in East Asia. It is the tenth-largest country in the world by population and has the third- and fourth-largest economy by nominal GDP and purchasing power parity, respectively. Japan has been interested in Bitcoin and blockchain technology developments from the beginning, so the country has become the place of origin for several of the largest Japan Bitcoin exchange platforms, which have expanded to the international level with a wide range of virtual currencies available. Despite serious cyberattacks, the authorities have continued to raise a lot of capital for the popularization of digital currencies. The government considers Japan cryptocurrency legislation as a way to attract international investors from countries where cryptocurrency is banned and, through that, to strengthen the national economy.
- US Lawmakers to Visit Switzerland to Discuss Crypto, Facebook’s Libra
- $240M in Suspected Scheme Assets Moves in Four Bitcoin Transactions
- Second-Largest Indian State to Use Blockchain in Various Spheres
- Bitcoin Circles $10,400 as Altcoins Rally, XRP Posts 10% Gains
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: LINK, LEO, BCH, ETC, BSV, OKB*