The issue, which affected only a handful of users, now has a dedicated patch, while balances have been returned.
A ledger has two different meanings regarding cryptocurrency and blockchain. The first is about distributed ledger technology (DLT) — the technology of storing information that has such features as collaborative use and synchronization of digital data via consensus algorithms, geographic distribution of equivalent shares of a distributed ledger all over the world and the absence of a central administration. It is frequently confused that DLT and blockchain are the same thing. While it’s true that every blockchain is a distributed ledger, not every distributed ledger is a blockchain. Besides that, ledger can also refer to Ledger, a company producing offline hardware Bitcoin wallets which can be connected to PC via USB port and provide a wide range of services related to cryptocurrency.
- Fundstrat’s Tom Lee: Current Bitcoin Misery Index Never Been Reported in Bear Market
- Four Olympic Gold Medals Winner Tennis Player Serena Williams Invests in Coinbase
- Japanese Cryptocurrency Exchange Zaif to Resume Activity Seven Months After Hack
- Bitcoin Falls Under $5,300 Again as Top Altcoins See Losses
- Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: XTZ, BNB, BCH, ETH, XMR