A delegation of the United States House of Representatives will visit Switzerland on cryptocurrency concerns, with Facebook’s stablecoin Libra being in the focu...
Libra is a global digital cryptocurrency created by the Facebook team and governed by Libra Association, independent, non-profit membership organization. The founding members of the association include Mastercard, PayPal, Visa, Booking Holdings, eBay, Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Vodafone, Coinbase, Xapo, and other well-known companies. Libra blockchain is using the Move programming language and the Byzantine Fault Tolerant (BFT) consensus. Each Libra unit will be provided with several currencies, bank deposits, and securities, which will form the Libra Reserve. This will provide low volatility. However, the token would not be tied with any fiat currency. Users will be able to send coins with Calibra wallet, as a single app or as a built-in extension in WhatsApp and Messenger.
- US Lawmakers to Visit Switzerland to Discuss Crypto, Facebook’s Libra
- $240M in Suspected Scheme Assets Moves in Four Bitcoin Transactions
- China: Shenzhen Special Economic Zone to Include Digital Currency Research
- Bitcoin Circles $10,400 as Altcoins Rally, XRP Posts 10% Gains
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: LINK, LEO, BCH, ETC, BSV, OKB*