After a lengthy period of consolidation, many cryptocurrencies appear to be setting up for a large move within the next few days.
Litecoin (LTC) is a cryptocurrency and an open-source project released in 2017, inspired by and very close technically to Bitcoin. The key idea of the project was to make a faster and cheaper to use alternative to Bitcoin
Although there are some similarities between BTC and LTC, you can’t define Litecoin without pointing out some key differences, such as instant and near-zero cost transactions, increased speed of adding a new block into the Blockchain (2.5 minutes against 10 in the Bitcoin network) and a scrypt usage in its Proof-of-Work process to make it easier for regular PC users to mine new blocks against ASIC miners. It is also one of the first cryptocurrencies that adopted SegWit.
Litecoin is hugely popular to this day, ranked sixth place on CoinMarketCap with a more than eight billion dollars market cap.
- Crypto Exchange BTSE Eyes $50M for Exchange Token Sale on Liquid Network
- Crypto Gains New EU Stronghold as Sweden Approves Swiss ETP Startup
- LedgerX Places Founders On Leave Following Public CFTC Woes
- It’s All About $7,400 for Bitcoin Price as a Big Move Is Now Imminent
- Price Analysis 09/12: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, XTZ