Algo Capital has raised $200 million — double its $100 million goal — for its venture capital fund.
Proof-of-stake (PoS) is a type of consensus algorithm of a cryptocurrency’s blockchain network. In a PoS cryptocurrency, block creators are chosen by random selection with the consideration of the user’s wealth in the network and, sometimes, the age of his assets that is often referred to as the “coin age.” Unlike proof-of-work (PoW), miners of PoS cryptocurrencies must have some coins to continue mining. PoS blockchains are much more energy efficient than PoW blockchains and are more engaging in the accumulation of wealth. Bitcoin enthusiasts sometimes offer PoS as an alternative to PoW that might be implemented in Bitcoin’s blockchain. PoS for Bitcoin may be implemented as a hybrid of PoW and PoS to engage people with less powerful computers in the network. Famous examples of PoS cryptocurrencies are DASH, NEO and Stratis.
- German Finance Minister Says Gov’t Must Reject Facebook's Libra Coin
- Binance to Launch Lending for XMR, ZEC and DASH This Week
- Coil, Mozilla, Creative Commons Offer $100M Grant for Web Monetization
- Hedera Hashgraph — Deep Look Into 10,000 Transactions Per Second Claim
- Altcoins Continue Explosive Bull Run While Bitcoin Stalls at $10,200