Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin believes that Bitcoin Cash has the best network to become a temporary scalability solution for Ethereum.
Proof-of-stake (PoS) is a type of consensus algorithm of a cryptocurrency’s blockchain network. In a PoS cryptocurrency, block creators are chosen by random selection with the consideration of the user’s wealth in the network and, sometimes, the age of his assets that is often referred to as the “coin age.” Unlike proof-of-work (PoW), miners of PoS cryptocurrencies must have some coins to continue mining. PoS blockchains are much more energy efficient than PoW blockchains and are more engaging in the accumulation of wealth. Bitcoin enthusiasts sometimes offer PoS as an alternative to PoW that might be implemented in Bitcoin’s blockchain. PoS for Bitcoin may be implemented as a hybrid of PoW and PoS to engage people with less powerful computers in the network. Famous examples of PoS cryptocurrencies are DASH, NEO and Stratis.
- Bitcoin Dips Below $10,000 for the Second Time in July
- Report: Global Blockchain in Healthcare to Reach $1.7 billion by 2026
- US Senators Grill Facebook on Privacy, Trust Issues in Libra Hearing
- Libra Vs. US Congress: All There Is to Know Ahead of Hearings
- Price Analysis 15/07: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, EOS, BNB, BSV, TRX, XLM