Subhankar Sinha will be the company’s new Head of Blockchain, a role for overseeing BNY Mellon’s blockchain ventures.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an international network of companies providing professional services of consulting and auditing. The company was founded in 1849 and is currently one of Big Four accounting firms. The main office is headquartered in London. PwC cryptocurrency involvement started in 2015, when PwC conducted a Consumer Cryptocurrency survey in order to find out how many Americans knew about Bitcoin. The next year, the company released a blockchain-based system named Vulcan, which was designed to handle financial operations such as personal finance, banking, asset management, etc. The year after that, PwC launched a startup aimed to support businessmen working within the blockchain and fintech industries. In 2017, the PwC Hong Kong office started accepting cryptocurrency as a payment method. Recently, the company has announced a new application of PwC for cryptocurrency accounting.
- Bitcoin Holds Over $8,000 as Top Altcoins See Minor Losses
- Major Swiss Telecoms Firm Swisscom to Distribute Tokenized Artwork
- Research: ICO Sector Signals Uptick After Crypto Winter
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24