Russia’s prime minister called on the public to closely observe crypto markets, noting that the bear market in 2018 is not a reason to bury crypto.
The Russian Federation is a country in Eurasia. Russia's government maintains a mixed stance on Bitcoin, at several points proposing legislation to ban it outright, and then retracting those statements. Still, Russia enjoys a fair bit of Bitcoin mining, trading, and other business, even if a lot of it is done underground.
- Total Market Cap Drops $5 Billion as All Major Coins Take Price Hit
- Japan: Regulators Approve Startup’s Bitcoin Sidechain Trial for Exchanges
- Alistair Milne: Bitcoin Is Only Public Blockchain Certain to Last for Next 100 Years
- Lack of ETNs Keeps Wall Street Away From Bitcoin, Says CBOE Analyst Ed Tilly
- Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 14–20: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week