DAO collective dOrg has created dOrg LLC, an Ethereum-based DAO with legal status in the United States.
The SEC is the Securities and Exchange Commission of the United States. The agency was created by Congress in 1934 and is now the main organization that controls and regulates all operations on securities markets. To achieve its mandate of creating transparency, the SEC requires public and other regulated companies to provide quarterly and annual reports that detail the working process of the company during that period of time. All reports are available to the public.
Nowadays, one of the main tasks of the SEC is to investigate the cryptocurrency market and investment facilities related to it in order to reveal any illegal actions, such as selling securities under the guise of tokens. So far, the SEC will review documents from 100 companies.
- Fundstrat’s Tom Lee: Bitcoin Is Easily Going to Reach New Highs
- Big Four Auditing Firm PwC Releases Cryptocurrency Auditing Software
- Bancor Seeks to Exclude US Users From Trading Over Regulatory Uncertainty
- Blockchain Hits Top 10 Future Skills in LinkedIn Asia Pacific Report
- Euroclear, EIB, Santander and EY to Pursue Blockchain Pilot for ECP Settlement