Global financial messaging network SWIFT is carrying out a DLT-based shareholder e-voting proof-of-concept in the first half of this year.
SWIFT, or a Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, is a co-operative organization that is the provider of the SWIFT network — a standard for exchanging transaction information between financial institutions. SWIFT was founded in 1973 in Belgium. SWIFT is currently used by most international banks and is famous for its secure and trusted network. That being said, SWIFT has its flaws and is investing in the further development the system. With multiple blockchain competitor companies like Ripple, which plans to speed up and establish the highest level of security in banking transactions, SWIFT is actively working on implementing blockchain technology into their protocol. SWIFT’s blockchain tests have already been conducted and have showed very good results. However, SWIFT’s team concluded that distributed ledger technology should be improved in order for it to be implemented into the international banking system.
- Bitcoin Holds Over $8,000 as Top Altcoins See Minor Losses
- Major Swiss Telecoms Firm Swisscom to Distribute Tokenized Artwork
- Research: ICO Sector Signals Uptick After Crypto Winter
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24