Representatives at interbank payments network provider SWIFT have lambasted cryptocurrencies as being “useless and unstable.”
SWIFT, or a Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, is a co-operative organization that is the provider of the SWIFT network — a standard for exchanging transaction information between financial institutions. SWIFT was founded in 1973 in Belgium. SWIFT is currently used by most international banks and is famous for its secure and trusted network. That being said, SWIFT has its flaws and is investing in the further development the system. With multiple blockchain competitor companies like Ripple, which plans to speed up and establish the highest level of security in banking transactions, SWIFT is actively working on implementing blockchain technology into their protocol. SWIFT’s blockchain tests have already been conducted and have showed very good results. However, SWIFT’s team concluded that distributed ledger technology should be improved in order for it to be implemented into the international banking system.
- Coinbase Generated Nearly $2 Billion in Transaction Fees Since 2012
- Libra Hearing Fails to Assuage Senior Lawmakers' Concerns
- Binance, Hashkey Pro to List SEC-Sanctioned Blockstack Token
- ING Bank Proposes Security and Privacy Trade-Off for Corda Blockchain
- Price Analysis 23/10: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, TRX