San Marino officials have issued a governmental decree setting forth regulations for blockchain in business, seeking to provide regulatory certainty for ICOs.
It is hard to define cryptocurrency taxes, because there is a lot of controversy surrounding it today. Society still has no consensus even on whether digital currencies are a property or a currency, and that triggers a huge difference in taxation procedure. The speed of exchange rate flows makes it impossible to establish a taxation time period equally suitable for everyone. Also, there are a lot of cryptocurrencies that were particularly designed to protect user’s anonymity and their protocols wouldn’t allow any government to tax it.
As cryptocurrency market is growing, and its sheer dollar value makes it more likely to catch an attention of regulators. Cryptocurrencies are also a great way of money laundering, so no government will be able to ignore the subject. Today there are a lot of news about new cryptocurrency taxes laws and it looks like there will be more over time.
- Facebook to Unveil ‘Libra Association’ and Launch Testnet Next Week: Report
- Source: South American Online Marketplace Working With Facebook on Crypto Project
- Bitcoin Worth Over $9,200 as Top Cryptos See Growth
- Top 5 Crypto Performers: NEO, LTC, BTC, ETH, XMR
- Hodler’s Digest, June 10–16: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week