The world’s thirteenth largest sovereign wealth fund, Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala Investment Capital, has made an investment in cryptocurrency exchange MidChains.
The UAE, or the United Arab Emirates, is a federal state composed of seven states located in the Near East. The UAE has a strong economy and currently is thirteenth in the world by GDP due to its oil production. In terms of Bitcoin, the UAE government created a legal framework in 2016 that has become the foundation for future cryptocurrency regulation. Despite these regulations prohibiting payment services from providing transactions in Bitcoin, the new law, in accordance with the Central Bank, can be interpreted differently, depending on certain situations. However, the country is a great platform for innovation. The UAE has recently accepted the UAE Blockchain Strategy in order to become one of the most advanced countries in the blockchain technology sphere.
- $10K Bitcoin Stronger Than Ever But No One Seems to Care: Google Trends
- Harbor Tokenizes $100 Million in Real Estate Funds on Ethereum Blockchain
- BIS Economist Proposes DLT-Based Financial Market Monitoring
- New Linux Malware Mines Crypto While Remaining Undetectable
- Price Analysis 16/09: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, BNB, EOS, BSV, XMR, ADA