Bitcoin scam ads featuring Martin Lewis appear on Instagram less than a year after Lewis settled a defamation suit with Facebook.
United Kingdom News
There are no strict regulations on Bitcoin in UK. Bitcoin has no established legal status but is commonly treated as a foreign currency for most purposes, including value-added and goods-and-service taxes. Cryptocurrencies profits and losses are subject to capital gains tax. However, the UK government is planning on implementing some legal procedures in the cryptocurrency market. Their primary goal is to require UK Bitcoin exchanges to conduct due diligence in relation to customers and include cryptocurrency platforms in anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing policies. The UK has issued a warning about the risks of investing in ICOs and cryptocurrencies, though it has yet to establish any direct rules concerning it. Still, it was stated multiple times that the United Kingdom is working on cryptocurrency regulations and has no intentions to leave it in a legal gray area.
- US SEC Charges Convict and Associates for $30M Fraudulent ICO
- Libra Association Forms Steering Committee to Guide Technical Development
- Amid Legal Controversy, Telegram Blockchain Explorers Are Already Available
- CME Bitcoin Futures See Open Interest Surge as Global Volume Hits $25B
- Price Analysis Jan 17: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, EOS, BNB, ETC, TRX