Walmart Canada has launched an automated blockchain-based network designed to improve freight and payment processing.
Walmart, Inc. is an American retail corporation founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and headquartered in Arkansas, United States. Walmart is the largest company in terms of revenue and amount of people employed. Walmart is the largest grocery retailer in the U.S. but also operates through hypermarkets and discount department stores. The amount of products and facilities included in the retailing process makes it suitable to include Walmart as a blockchain-utilizing company. Walmart’s blockchain implementations mostly cover supply chain management and digital offerings for consumers. Walmart’s technology departments are actively working on including those features and are applying for new patents. As one of the largest businesses on the planet, Walmart may produce an unprecedented blockchain network in near future.
- US Deputy Treasury Secretary: Crypto Raises Questions on Self-Government
- Morocco Plans to Expand Access to Financial Services With Fintech
- Bavarian Government to Issue Blockchain-Based Training Certificates
- Harvard University Stages ‘Digital Currency Wars’ Crisis Simulation
- Bitcoin Drops to $7,000 as China Vows to ‘Dispose of’ Local Exchanges