Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian claimed that the crypto hype is gone, leaving space for true crypto believers.
Reddit is a social news site where all registered users can share links with any information they find interesting. Like many other popular sites, Reddit has a voting system so that a post which receives a large amount of “upvotes” gets a chance to be shown on the main page. The author of the site explained the origin of the name with the phrase: “I read it on Reddit”.
Reddit’s cryptocurrency news is related to topics that users provide, together with the participation of the platform itself concerning the world of digital currency. Reddit was one of the first organizations that began accepting Bitcoin, although they stopped accepting cryptocurrency in March, 2018, perhaps because of the constant breaches on the platform which they used for making transactions, according to the Reddit administration. Nevertheless, in April of the same year, there was news about a revival of BTC in the service with addition of Ethereum and Litecoin.
- Canadian Banks Wary of QuadrigaCX Assets’ Origins, Cite Money Laundering Concerns
- Bitcoin Hovers Under $4,000 as Top Cryptos See Mixed Movements
- Report: Russian State Duma to Review Crypto Regulation, Oil-Backed Crypto in Development
- Derivatives Giant Fidelity Investments Receives and Passes on the Lightning Torch
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Tron, Binance Coin, Cardano: Price Analysis, Feb. 22