Ethereum-powered Reddit micropayments service TipJar shuts down, its developer urges users to withdraw their funds as soon as possible.
Reddit is a social news site where all registered users can share links with any information they find interesting. Like many other popular sites, Reddit has a voting system so that a post which receives a large amount of “upvotes” gets a chance to be shown on the main page. The author of the site explained the origin of the name with the phrase: “I read it on Reddit”.
Reddit’s cryptocurrency news is related to topics that users provide, together with the participation of the platform itself concerning the world of digital currency. Reddit was one of the first organizations that began accepting Bitcoin, although they stopped accepting cryptocurrency in March, 2018, perhaps because of the constant breaches on the platform which they used for making transactions, according to the Reddit administration. Nevertheless, in April of the same year, there was news about a revival of BTC in the service with addition of Ethereum and Litecoin.
- Bitcoin Futures: Institutional Long Positions Value Doubled in October
- Banks May Cut Ties With Facebook if Libra Is Launched: ING CEO
- Opera Becomes First Major Browser to Enable Direct Bitcoin Payments
- ‘Death Cross’ Dampens $8.8K Hopes as Bitcoin Price Recovery Stalls
- Bitcoin Price Turns Boring Again as Traders Consider Chances of $8.5K