Stalwart if controversial Bitcoin community subreddit “/r/Bitcoin” has hit the one million subscriber mark.
Reddit is a social news site where all registered users can share links with any information they find interesting. Like many other popular sites, Reddit has a voting system so that a post which receives a large amount of “upvotes” gets a chance to be shown on the main page. The author of the site explained the origin of the name with the phrase: “I read it on Reddit”.
Reddit’s cryptocurrency news is related to topics that users provide, together with the participation of the platform itself concerning the world of digital currency. Reddit was one of the first organizations that began accepting Bitcoin, although they stopped accepting cryptocurrency in March, 2018, perhaps because of the constant breaches on the platform which they used for making transactions, according to the Reddit administration. Nevertheless, in April of the same year, there was news about a revival of BTC in the service with addition of Ethereum and Litecoin.
- Indian Government Panel Suggests Crypto Dealings Should Illegal, Local Sources Say
- Bitcoin Volatility More Than Triples on the Month Amid Falling Crypto Prices
- Bitmain Closes Israeli Blockchain Development Center Citing Crypto Market Conditions
- South Korea’s Second Largest Bank Begins Blockchain Record-Keeping to Reduce Human Error
- Australia: National Transport Insurance Partners on Blockchain for Food Safety Trial