Now-defunct Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Mt. Gox's trustee has extended the deadline for submission of the rehabilitation plan.
Bitcoin (BTC) is known as the first open-source, peer-to-peer, digital cryptocurrency that was developed and released by a group of unknown independent programmers named Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008. Cryptocoin doesn’t have any centralized server used for its issuing, transactions and storing, as it uses a distributed network public database technology named blockchain, which requires an electronic signature and is supported by a proof-of-work protocol to provide the security and legitimacy of money transactions. The issuing of Bitcoin is done by users with mining capabilities and is limited to 21 million coins. Currently, Bitcoin’s market cap surpasses $138 billion and this is the most popular kind of digital currency. Buying and selling cryptocurrency is available through special Bitcoin exchange platforms or ATMs.
- Nike Files Trademark Application in the US for ‘Cryptokicks’
- Mt. Gox Trustee Extends Deadline for Rehabilitation Plan Submission
- Algorithmic Crypto Trading Firm GSR Launches Crypto Hedging Product
- IBM to Apply Blockchain Tech to Lenovo’s Data Centers
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis April 24