Gerald Cotten, founder of crypto exchange QuadrigaCX, purportedly stored paper copies of the exchange’s keys in a safety deposit box.
Bitcoin (BTC) is known as the first open-source, peer-to-peer, digital cryptocurrency that was developed and released by a group of unknown independent programmers named Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008. Cryptocoin doesn’t have any centralized server used for its issuing, transactions and storing, as it uses a distributed network public database technology named blockchain, which requires an electronic signature and is supported by a proof-of-work protocol to provide the security and legitimacy of money transactions. The issuing of Bitcoin is done by users with mining capabilities and is limited to 21 million coins. Currently, Bitcoin’s market cap surpasses $138 billion and this is the most popular kind of digital currency. Buying and selling cryptocurrency is available through special Bitcoin exchange platforms or ATMs.
- Report: QuadrigaCX Founder May Have Stored Private Keys on Paper in Safety Deposit Box
- NEO Blockchain Platform Opens Seattle Office Headed by Ex-Microsoft Exec
- Moscow Blockchain Cluster Needs Intellectual Property Mechanism, Says Expert
- Crypto Markets Continue to See Mixed Signals, Dow Jones Up Over 360 Points
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, TRON, Stellar, Binance Coin, Bitcoin SV: Price Analysis, February 15