Cryptocurrency exchange OKEx announced the launch of its Tether-margined Bitcoin futures contracts.
An altcoin, or alternative coin, is pretty self-explanatory. An altcoin is every cryptocurrency alternative to Bitcoin – the first one. Altcoins may differ from Bitcoin in every possible way, such as mining mechanisms, coin-distribution methods or the ability to create decentralized applications.
Although Bitcoin is innovative and massively influential, it has some problems that developers are trying to fix with their own products. There is an altcoin that makes faster transactions, there is an altcoin that is less volatile, there is an altcoin that is more private and so on. There are more than one and a half thousand altcoins on the market at the day this text is written, according to coinmarketcap.com. Altcoins are playing a very important role by expanding boundaries of blockchain possibilities and the scope of applications.
- Bitcoin Fixes This: PayPal Cuts Payouts to Over 100,000 Pornhub Models
- Power Ledger Completes Peer-to-Peer Solar Energy Trading Trial in India
- Crypto Exchange OKEx Launches Bitcoin Futures Margined With Tether
- Coinbase Card Adds XRP and Launches in 10 More European Countries
- Bitcoin Price Tests $8,500 Support as Trader Warns of Further New Lows