A drug-dealing couple has pleaded guilty to selling a variety of controlled assets on the dark web in exchange for cryptocurrencies.
Dark Markets News
The dark or black market is a shadowy part of an economy that traffics in illicit goods. In terms of the economy, dark markets operate as a part of the whole market, so it — in the same way — obeys the law of supply and demand. Dark markets have their own online platforms or websites are called darknet markets or cryptomarkets and they operate via darknets that allow users to stay absolutely anonymous while working on the net. Considering the relative anonymity and universality of cryptocurrency compared to fiat currencies, Bitcoin has already become popular as a payment method on dark markets. One of the most popular examples of such use of digital currency is Silk Road, the internet retail platform that traded illegal products and services.
- UK High Court Orders Freeze on $1M of Bitcoin in Ransomware Case
- Draft of India’s National DLT Strategy Calls for State-Run Digital Rupee
- BTC Price Back at $9,000 But No, Coronavirus Isn't 'Good for Bitcoin'
- Oil Giant Saudi Aramco Buys Into Blockchain Trading Platform Vakt
- Bitcoin Price Breaks Through Key Resistance as Traders Target $9.2K