Ethereum Classic developers and contributors recently decided that the Atlantis hard fork will occur on block 8,772,000, estimated for September 17.
Ethereum Classic News
Ethereum Classic is an open-sourced Blockchain-based platform that enables smart-contracts and has a Turing-complete programming language. Ethereum Classic came to existence after Ethereum hard fork that took place in 2016 after The DAO collapse.
The Ethereum Classic is the original Ethereum Blockchain supported by the people who believed in the core principles of Ethereum like the immutability of Blockchain and “code is law.” They denied the necessity of a hard fork to fix the damage after someone exploited The DAO vulnerabilities.
As the original Ethereum, ETC provides smart-contracts and a development platform. It also provides the Emerald Software Developer Kit: a toolkit, unique to ETC, made for building DAPPS (decentralized applications). The ETC team aims to use its product in the Internet of Things to provide machine-to-machine communication.
- Bitcoin Breaks $200 Billion Market Cap For the First Time in 17 Months
- There Are Now More Than 5,000 Bitcoin ATMs Around the World
- Crypto Analyst Says Bitcoin Price Could Hit $100,000 During Next Bull Run
- President of Uganda to Lead Blockchain Conference in Kampala in July
- Price Analysis 24/06: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, EOS, BNB, BSV, TRX, ADA