Coinbase Wallet has launched support for Ethereum Classic (ETC), in addition to its current support for “100,000+ ERC20 tokens” on the Ethereum blockchain.
Ethereum Classic News
Ethereum Classic is an open-sourced Blockchain-based platform that enables smart-contracts and has a Turing-complete programming language. Ethereum Classic came to existence after Ethereum hard fork that took place in 2016 after The DAO collapse.
The Ethereum Classic is the original Ethereum Blockchain supported by the people who believed in the core principles of Ethereum like the immutability of Blockchain and “code is law.” They denied the necessity of a hard fork to fix the damage after someone exploited The DAO vulnerabilities.
As the original Ethereum, ETC provides smart-contracts and a development platform. It also provides the Emerald Software Developer Kit: a toolkit, unique to ETC, made for building DAPPS (decentralized applications). The ETC team aims to use its product in the Internet of Things to provide machine-to-machine communication.
- US Congressman Offers to Fund Mexican Border Wall Using Blockchain, 'Wall Coins'
- Confirmed: Basis CEO Says Project Will Shut Down due to Regulatory Concerns
- Fundstat’s Tom Lee Says Fair Value of Bitcoin to Reach $150K Per Coin
- Bitcoin Price Near $3,400, Wider Crypto Markets See Another Mild Slump
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Stellar, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, Litecoin, TRON, Cardano: Price Analysis, Dec. 12