The team behind Ethereum Classic has activated the Atlantis hard fork, aimed at improving the altcoin’s functionality and compatibility with Ethereum.
Ethereum Classic News
Ethereum Classic is an open-sourced Blockchain-based platform that enables smart-contracts and has a Turing-complete programming language. Ethereum Classic came to existence after Ethereum hard fork that took place in 2016 after The DAO collapse.
The Ethereum Classic is the original Ethereum Blockchain supported by the people who believed in the core principles of Ethereum like the immutability of Blockchain and “code is law.” They denied the necessity of a hard fork to fix the damage after someone exploited The DAO vulnerabilities.
As the original Ethereum, ETC provides smart-contracts and a development platform. It also provides the Emerald Software Developer Kit: a toolkit, unique to ETC, made for building DAPPS (decentralized applications). The ETC team aims to use its product in the Internet of Things to provide machine-to-machine communication.
- Bitmain Launches ‘World’s Largest’ Bitcoin Mining Facility in Texas
- ‘Is That Still Bitcoin?’ CoinShares CSO Questions Crypto Custody
- Report: Facebook Could Use Fiat-Pegged Stablecoins for Libra
- Why Is Bitcoin Price Going Up? 4 Indicators Suggest a Potential Bottom
- Top-5 Cryptos This Week: XMR, XRP, BSV, LEO, BNB