Fidelity’s crypto arm Fidelity Digital Assets Services reportedly filed with the NYDFS for a New York trust licens.
The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) — also known as the DFS and NYSDFS — is a department of the New York State government that regulates financial services and products in such fields as insurance, banking and financial services. The NYDFS’s BitLicense is a business license for virtual currency activities, which is required for operating in New York. For the effective usage of an NYDFS’s Bitcoin license, New York state has come up with a definition of virtual currency (VC) business activity that covers five main points, such as transmission of VC, maintaining custody of VC on behalf of others, buying and selling VC as a customer business, performing exchange services and issuing, controlling and administering VC. There are currently nine NYDFS BitLicensed companies, some of them being Ripple, Coinbase and Square, Inc. Implementation of BitLicense by the NYDFS has forced many startups to stop working in New York.
- Venezuela Sets New Bitcoin Volume Record Thanks to 10,000,000% Inflation
- Bakkt Begins Testing Bitcoin Futures Platform Following Hype and Delays
- Justin Sun to Reschedule Warren Buffett Charity Lunch for Medical Reasons
- Bitcoin Price Clings to $10K But Now Below ‘Neutral Area,’ Says Trader
- Price Analysis 22/07: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, BNB, EOS, BSV, TRX, XLM