Ross Ulbricht, currently serving a life sentence for his participation in the now-closed Silk Road marketplace, has his sentence review denied by the Supreme Co...
Ross Ulbricht News
Ross Ulbricht, also known as Dread Pirate Roberts, is the owner of the trading platform Silk Road. Silk Road was a platform for trading drugs, psychotropic substances and other illegal products. The website was working as a hidden service with Bitcoin as the main currency that was used as a payment method on the site because of its relative anonymity, transactions’ speed and Ross’s affection for digital currency. Ross Ulbricht’s net worth is estimated to be several millions of dollars, a result of charging a fee on every successful deal. In 2013, he was arrested on charges of drug trafficking, hacking attacks and conspiracy to commit money laundering. In 2015, Ross Ulbricht was sentenced to life imprisonment at the age of 31.
- Six Global Banks Sign Up to Issue Stablecoins on IBM’s Now-Live Blockchain Network
- Overstock to Retain Retail Arm, Support Blockchain and Crypto Ventures
- CoinMarketCap Introduces New Metrics for Crypto Fundamentals
- Bitcoin Cash Grows as Major Oil Futures Show Mixed Movements
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 18