Local officials of United States’ Douglas County located in central Washington want to build a blockchain innovation campus.
Washington is a U.S. state in the north of the country. In terms of using Bitcoin in Washington state, authorities have claimed that they were not going to ban it and, in addition to that, there is a draft law considering using Bitcoin as a payment method for cannabis, as Washington is the first state that has legalized the use of it. In Washington state, Bitcoin mining is illegal if too much energy is consumed during the process, as it can be dangerous for fire safety. Washington is frequently confused with the capital of the U.S. — Washington, or officially Washington, D.C. Bitcoin ATMs, possibility of making purchases in cryptocurrency, Bitcoin conferences have made Washington D.C. one of the friendliest cities toward Bitcoin in the world.
- CFTC Commissioner Brian Quintenz Suggests Creation of Crypto Self-Regulatory Organization
- Bitmain Announces Energy-Efficient ASIC Chip for Mining Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
- China: Guangdong Province to Use Blockchain-Based Electronic Tax Invoices for E-Commerce
- Cryptocurrencies May ‘Upend the Digital World,’ Says Institutional Investor Consultancy
- Report: Coinbase-Supported Bitcoin Debit Card to Shut Operations in April