Washington state has passed a bill that recognizes and protects the legal status of electronic records pertaining to distributed ledgers.
Washington is a U.S. state in the north of the country. In terms of using Bitcoin in Washington state, authorities have claimed that they were not going to ban it and, in addition to that, there is a draft law considering using Bitcoin as a payment method for cannabis, as Washington is the first state that has legalized the use of it. In Washington state, Bitcoin mining is illegal if too much energy is consumed during the process, as it can be dangerous for fire safety. Washington is frequently confused with the capital of the U.S. — Washington, or officially Washington, D.C. Bitcoin ATMs, possibility of making purchases in cryptocurrency, Bitcoin conferences have made Washington D.C. one of the friendliest cities toward Bitcoin in the world.
- Bitcoin Breaks $200 Billion Market Cap For the First Time in 17 Months
- US House of Representatives to Hold Hearing on Facebook’s Libra in July
- Crypto Analyst Says Bitcoin Price Could Hit $100,000 During Next Bull Run
- President of Uganda to Lead Blockchain Conference in Kampala in July
- Price Analysis 24/06: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, EOS, BNB, BSV, TRX, ADA