Local officials of United States’ Douglas County located in central Washington want to build a blockchain innovation campus.
Washington is a U.S. state in the north of the country. In terms of using Bitcoin in Washington state, authorities have claimed that they were not going to ban it and, in addition to that, there is a draft law considering using Bitcoin as a payment method for cannabis, as Washington is the first state that has legalized the use of it. In Washington state, Bitcoin mining is illegal if too much energy is consumed during the process, as it can be dangerous for fire safety. Washington is frequently confused with the capital of the U.S. — Washington, or officially Washington, D.C. Bitcoin ATMs, possibility of making purchases in cryptocurrency, Bitcoin conferences have made Washington D.C. one of the friendliest cities toward Bitcoin in the world.
- Big Four Firm KPMG Partners With Blockchain Co. Guardtime to Develop Tools for Businesses
- Japanese Banking Giant Mizuho to Launch Its Yen-Pegged Stablecoin in March
- Ohio County Auditors to Explore Blockchain-Based Real Estate System
- Korean Telecom Giant KT to Launch Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform in March: Report
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Tron, Binance Coin, Cardano: Price Analysis, Feb. 20