- Supported by Singapore’s leading government agencies, industry leaders from across the world will converge for Singapore’s premier blockchain virtual event.
- Summit will focus on future trends of blockchain technology application, regulations, and enterprise solutions.
- Stellar line-up of speakers including Hester Peirce, Commissioner on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Singapore, 15 June 2020 – Singapore Blockchain Week 2020, hosted by Blockchain Association of Singapore (BAS) and co-organised by NexChange Group, will be held from 21 July to 23 July 2020. The anchor event - Singapore Blockchain Week Virtual Summit will take place on 21 July, followed by a series of meetups, workshops and investor events to be organised from 22 July to 23 July 2020.
The event has a stellar line-up of speakers, stalwarts in the global blockchain industry and regulators from various regions. Matt Sorum, the former Guns N' Roses drummer and now partner at STHORM DLT-based project, will be kicking off the event with a jam session.
The highlights of the day’s agenda will include an opening speech from Mr Patrick Tay, Assistant Secretary General for NTUC and the Member of Parliament, and a fireside chat with Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer for Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). The premier event will also witness Hester Peirce, Commissioner of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), also affectionately known in the blockchain community as “crypto mom”, share her insights during the summit. Prior to joining the SEC, Commissioner Peirce conducted research on the regulation of financial markets at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.
Commenting on the premier blockchain event, Professor David Lee, Advisor to BAS commented, “Singapore is a burgeoning global blockchain node today and plays a vital role in advocating innovative technology such as blockchain to further enhance business transformations. It is encouraging to see that the Singapore Blockchain Week has attracted a diverse and strong line-up of industry leaders and speakers from all around the world to come together and exchange ideas.”
Top global speakers from major providers of blockchain solutions will, together with regulators and heads of industry associations, focus on how the blockchain industry is developing and responding to the global downturn caused by the coronavirus. Please refer to the Annex below for the list of confirmed speakers.
Anton Golub, CEO of Flovtec, Strategic Partner of Singapore Blockchain Week 2020, pointed out important features of the new reality for tech and business to be assessed at the event. Golub commented, “A thriving digital asset ecosystem can only be built, if numerous building blocks come together. One essential building block is liquidity. Flovtec provides liquidity to token issuers and digital asset exchanges. Events like the Singapore Blockchain Week allow the different components of the ecosystem to meet. Only together can we achieve our common goal of fair and more inclusive financial markets."
Singapore Blockchain Week 2020 is one of the largest government-supported virtual blockchain events in Asia, with over five thousand attendees expected throughout the event. Singapore Blockchain Week is supported by key agencies and associations such as National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), Banking and Financial Services Union (BFSU), Singapore Fintech Association (SFA), Enterprise SG (ESG), China Singapore Fintech Alliance (CSFA). Other supporting organisations include Asia Securities Industry & Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA), Institute of Financial Technologists of Asia (IFTA), Polyfintech 100, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic and 80RR Fintech Hub SG.
About Blockchain Association Singapore
The Blockchain Association Singapore (BAS) seeks to empower its members and the community to leverage blockchain and scalable technologies for business growth and transformation. The Association is designed to be an effective platform for members to engage with multiple stakeholders - both regional and international - to discover solutions and promote best practices in a collaborative, open, and transparent manner.
It aims to promote blockchain literacy and build a strong talent pipeline for the digital economy in Singapore. BAS also aims to accelerate the development of blockchain companies operating in or entering into Singapore, and their subsequent integration and acceleration into the Singapore blockchain ecosystem.
For more information, please visit https://singaporeblockchain.org.
About NexChange Group
NexChange Group is a venture innovation media platform, specializing in fintech, blockchain, AI, healthtech and smart cities. By creating a global O2O community, NexChange creates, markets, invests and accesses innovative products.
For more information, please visit https://www.nexchange.com.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Rifdi Jaffar, Asia PR Werkz | Blockchain Association Singapore.
Celia Fung, NexChange Group | Singapore Blockchain Week 2020.
List of confirmed speakers:
- Patrick Tay, Assistant Secretary General, National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) / Member of Parliament, Singapore
- Hester Peirce, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange
- Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger, The Linux Foundation
- Charles Hoskinson, CEO, Input Output (IOHK) / Founder, Cardano (ADA)
- Todd McDonald, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, R3
- Anton Golub, Founder and CEO, Flovtec
- Matt Sorum, Partner, STHORM.io / Former Drummer, GUNS N' ROSES / Co-founder, Artbit
- Miko Matsumura, General Partner, Gumi Ventures / Co-founder, Evercoin Exchange
- Tom Trowbridge, President, Triterras / Former President, Hedera Hashgraph
- Alex Mashinsky, Founder & CEO, Celsius Network
- Ben Goertzel, Founder & CEO, SingularityNET / Former Chief Scientist, Hanson Robotics
- David Shrier, Programme Director, Oxford Cyber Futures / MIT Lecturer / Author of 'Basic Blockchain'
- Henri Arslanian, Fintech & Crypto Leader, Asia, PwC Hong Kong
- Mai FujimotoTop Blockchain Influencer in Japan / CEO, KIZUNA / Co-founder, PROseed
- David Johnston, Managing Director, Yeoman's Capital / Partner, YGC
- Jason Hsu, Co-Chair, FinTech Association (TFTA), Co-Chair / Former Congressman of Taiwan