- ZenGo becomes the first Web3 crypto wallet resistant to account takeovers and private key hacking. Users can store nonfungible tokens (NFTs) and invest in decentralized finance (DeFi) in peace.
- ZenGo is the first consumer-focused Web3 crypto wallet powered by multiparty computation (MPC), eliminating private key vulnerabilities, ensuring on-chain user control and simplifying secure account recovery.
Tel Aviv, Israel, April 11, 2022 — ZenGo, the world’s leading simple and secure crypto wallet app powered by MPC technology, has announced support for the WalletConnect protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, becoming the first multichain Web3 crypto wallet with account-phishing protection and seamless wallet recoverability.
Every week, countless users lose funds because of private key phishing attacks via emails and social networks. In an industry first, ZenGo’s MPC technology and five unique patents offer a secure bridge to Web3, from NFTs and DeFi to gaming and decentralized apps (DApps) by eliminating seed phrases and private keys from the wallet experience. Leveraging ZenGo’s MPC security, users cannot compromise their own assets because of the usual pitfalls caused by private keys and poor key management. If the phone storing the wallet gets lost or stolen, ZenGo’s wallet recovery kit ensures stressless recovery, thanks to multi-factor biometric recovery.
ZenGo’s move to support the Web3 ecosystem will make it simpler and safer for crypto-native and crypto-curious users to mint, trade, store NFTs, get yields in DeFi, enjoy decentralized games, contribute to decentralized autonomous organizations and more.
Ouriel Ohayon, co-founder and CEO of ZenGo, said, “ZenGo is committed to offering a uniquely human and zen user experience in an industry that is still chaotic, complicated and confusing. To onboard the next 1 billion, we need products that provide a delightful, simple and secure user experience. ZenGo’s integration with WalletConnect is a massive step forward for Web3 adoption and crypto as a whole.”
Until now, Web3 was only accessible via traditional, noncustodial wallets: complicated, confusing, difficult and risky to recover, and challenging to secure. ZenGo’s WalletConnect integration on Ethereum offers seamless access to Web3, opening the door to anyone who wants to participate in NFTs and DeFi without the risks of private key management and unreliable wallet recovery. ZenGo will support additional blockchains with WalletConnect soon
ZenGo is a simple and secure crypto wallet app. Download the first Web3 wallet with no seed phrase to babysit or lose, secured by encrypted biometrics. Buy, trade and earn up to 8% interest on crypto assets. Connect to NFT and DeFi DApps. Stay zen with the platform’s 24-7 in-app customer support.
- Follow ZenGo on Twitter: @ZenGo
- Media inquiries: Ari Gore, head of communications — email@example.com or @arielmgore
- Ari Gore, head of communications at ZenGo — firstname.lastname@example.org