The World Economic Forum has appointed the CEO and founder of BitPesa, Elizabeth Rossiello, to serve as one of two co-chairs of the Global Blockchain Council.
BitPesa is a trading platform which helps companies and their customers make payments in Bitcoin to, from and within frontier markets. BitPesa was founded in 2013 in Kenya and currently has representatives in London, Luxembourg, and more. Initially, the BitPesa Bitcoin exchange platform was developed only for transfers of Kenyan citizens to send money to mobile money wallets. Since 2015, it started operating in other African countries with the main purpose of using a decentralized principal of work and relatively low fees to provide people who don’t have bank accounts access to the global economy. At the moment, BitPesa specializes as a payment company that offers real-time settlements at wholesale exchange rates to frontier and emerging markets. There is no BitPesa app, yet, and it is available only on a mobile phone’s browser.
- ErisX to CFTC: Regulated ETH Futures Would Result in More Robust, Liquid Market
- Vitalik Buterin Dismisses Rumors New Constantinople Feature Allows Attack Vector
- Most Cryptos See Gentle Green Amid Exceedingly Calm Market Picture
- Major Crypto Brokerage Coinmama Reports 450,000 Users Affected by Data Breach
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, TRON, Stellar, Binance Coin, Bitcoin SV: Price Analysis, February 15