Taiwanese blockchain-based digital property rights startup Bitmark raises $3 million in a funding round that saw investment from HTC and Alibaba.
A copyright is a legally claimed status that provides the author of an original work with exclusive rights on how it may be used by other people. Copyright is a form of intellectual property that is mostly used for the protection of a creative work. Copyright suffers from problems of the uncertainty of either the date and author of the original invention. Blockchain copyright systems may be a solution for those problems. Blockchain copyright protection is built on the sustainability of registered information not being changed after its recorded. New systems may use blockchain copyrights for music, texts, pieces of art, IT inventions and any other type of information. The inclusion of blockchain copyright into law may reduce the amount of people needed for maintaining the patent bureau, archives and other establishments that works on intellectual property protection.
- Central Banks to Meet With Libra Founders in Switzerland on Monday
- Report: Philippine Police Raid Alleged Cryptocurrency Scam, Arrest 277
- Germany’s Largest Bank Joins JPMorgan’s Blockchain Network
- Crypto News From the German-Speaking World: Sept. 9–15 in Review
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: ATOM, EOS, ETH, DASH, TRX