While Bitcoin price action remains lackluster, altcoins are attempting to make a strong upside move.
Litecoin (LTC) is a cryptocurrency and an open-source project released in 2017, inspired by and very close technically to Bitcoin. The key idea of the project was to make a faster and cheaper to use alternative to Bitcoin
Although there are some similarities between BTC and LTC, you can’t define Litecoin without pointing out some key differences, such as instant and near-zero cost transactions, increased speed of adding a new block into the Blockchain (2.5 minutes against 10 in the Bitcoin network) and a scrypt usage in its Proof-of-Work process to make it easier for regular PC users to mine new blocks against ASIC miners. It is also one of the first cryptocurrencies that adopted SegWit.
Litecoin is hugely popular to this day, ranked sixth place on CoinMarketCap with a more than eight billion dollars market cap.
- Bitcoin Fixes This: PayPal Cuts Payouts to Over 100,000 Pornhub Models
- Power Ledger Completes Peer-to-Peer Solar Energy Trading Trial in India
- Crypto Exchange OKEx Launches Bitcoin Futures Margined With Tether
- Coinbase Card Adds XRP and Launches in 10 More European Countries
- Bitcoin Price Tests $8,500 Support as Trader Warns of Further New Lows