Cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex confirms data leak after sending out awkward email to customers.
The Poloniex exchange is one of the largest and most popular cryptocurrency market platforms in the world. It provides the largest amount of trading in Bitcoins. Poloniex was founded by Tristan D’Agosta in 2014 and is headquartered in San Francisco. Initially, the platform was created for the US market but, with growing popularity and trading sales figures, it began attracting trading from all over the world. The daily circular movement of funds is now about $989 million. Poloniex, or Polo, offers its customers high-level security by the use of two-factor authentication, handy analytical and technical tools, low transaction fees (from 0 to 0.25%) and more than 140 directions for exchange. During the registration, a new user can expand the limit of withdrawal by providing more private information such as an ID card or home address. The hallmark of Polo is that the system doesn’t work with fiat currencies and, as a result, users trade using altcoins.
- Peter Schiff Lost His Bitcoin, Claims Owning Crypto Was a ‘Bad Idea’
- ‘Weak Hands Are Out’ — Trader Who Called $20K Bitcoin Top Calls Bottom
- Crypto Fights for Freedom in India’s Supreme Court, Critics Cite Risk
- Bitcoin Price Drops Over $500 in 5 Minutes, Top Altcoins Also See Red
- Top-5 Cryptos This Week (Jan 19): BSV, DASH, ETC, MIOTA, BCH