Huobi Pool, a crypto mining arm of Huobi, says its operating revenues surged 547% in 2019, jumping from $53 million in 2018 to $320 million.
Proof of Work News
Proof-of-work is a consensus algorithm developed to protect decentralized networks from any malicious activities. The initial concept of PoW was first described in 1993. The two steps of a proof-of-work algorithm are to solve difficult and time consuming tasks and to check the results. Despite the fact those tasks can be solved, they required a large amount of computer power. The difficulty of the tasks varies in order to control the frequency of discovery of the new blocks, which can be found approximately one block in 10 minutes because of the need to synchronize all discovered blocks among the users holding the blockchain. Due to the fact that the process is energy consuming and random, it is impossible to say for sure which Bitcoin-miner will solve the task and discover the block.
- Bitcoin Price Reclaims $6K as Traders Eye New BTC Futures Gap Above
- Dutch Govt to Embrace Blockchain in Fight Against Pandemic
- Coinbase’s Retail Payment Portal Passed $200 Million in Transactions
- Algorand Launches Blockchain-Based Global Coronavirus Survey
- Big Tech in Blockchain: Comparing IBM, Microsoft, Apple, Google and More