Chilean taxpayers must report their cryptocurrency profits to the Chilean Internal Revenue Service, local media reports.
VAT (Value-Added Tax) is a tax assessed to compensate services and infrastructure that were used in production and distribution processes and were provided by the state. The VAT tax raises about a fifth of the total revenue provided by the taxing system in most countries where it is implemented. Currently, 166 countries employ a VAT. The United States replaced the VAT with a sales tax system. In the European Union (EU). the VAT is obligatory by the EU VAT directive and is implemented in every country of European Union. Most countries also use reduced rates for VAT in order to liberate certain industries and encourage their development. The uncertain position of cryptocurrency taxing has led to various tactics in taxation, and some of the countries have decided to tax Bitcoin under VAT regulations. However, this practice is currently rejected by some governments and replaced by a capital gains tax.
- Bank for International Settlements Exec Advises Against Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Accepted: MakerDAO Vote to Raise DAI Stablecoin Stability Fee by 4% to 7.5% per Year
- Bitcoin Stays Over $4,000 as Top Cryptos See Slight Losses
- Metamask Browser Extension Default Settings Broadcast ETH Addresses to Visited Websites
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 22