General Bytes is the manufacturer of the Bitcoin-only Red Bull vending machine installed recently at Hackers Congress. GB marketing guru Martijn Wismeijer tells...
Vending Machines News
Vending machines are automated devices that are mostly used for selling items like snacks, beverages, cigarettes and a number of other goods. Vending machines are operated without a human presence and have various payment mechanisms that include payment with a card specially designed for the machine, credit or debit cards, and cash. Vending machines were developed in England in late 19th century and are currently used all over the world. Japanese vending machines are a particularly interesting case. Japanese culture developed in a way to be very suitable for this type of consumption and the spread of Japanese vending machines has resulted in there being one machine for every 23 people in Japan. Japanese vending machines are used for selling flowers, umbrellas, pornography, hot food and numerous other things. The high rates of Bitcoin adoption in the country has helped with the development of vending machines that accept Bitcoin as a payment.
- Japan: SBI Group Sets Up Spin-Off to Manufacture Crypto Mining Chips
- Bakkt Delay Due to CFTC Concerns Over Its Planned Custody of Clients’ Bitcoin: WSJ
- Western Union Partners With Stellar Collaborator Thunes for Mobile Wallet Transfers
- Bakkt Gets $740 Million Valuation But Investors Have Questions, Sources Reveal
- Swiss Federal Council Initiates Blockchain Law Consultation Period