Where to discuss Bitcoin
Bitcoin is a community-driven network, where an exchange of opinions is always welcome and encouraged. Bitcoin itself was born through an online forum. These days, as the cryptocurrency gets more and more attention, the number of platforms, both online and offline, where you can join a Bitcoin-related discussion has never been higher.
Below are links to general discussion boards, with the majority of them containing sub-boards most useful for either ordinary Bitcoin users, investors, developers or startups and businesses.
- Bitcointalk — The biggest Bitcoin forum founded by the creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Bitcoin.com — An active forum associated with the bitcoin.com news website.
- Bitcoin Garden — A slightly lesser-known, but quickly developing cryptocurrency forum.
- Bitcoinforum — An active forum associated with bitcoin.org website.
- Bitco.in Forum — A community of developers, academics, and entrepreneurs dedicated to promoting and improving Bitcoin
- CryptoCompare Bitcoin page — A Bitcoin dedicated page on a CryptoCompare interactive platform where users can discuss the latest trends and monitor market streaming in real time.
- Investing.com Bitcoin page — A Bitcoin dedicated page on an investing.com financial portal aimed at investors.
- StackExchange Bitcoin page — A Bitcoin dedicated page on a StackExchange website, which is a question and answer platform for crypto-currency enthusiasts.
r/Bitcoin — The main Bitcoin subreddit.
Other subreddits include:
- r/BitcoinMarkets — subbredit dedicated to Bitcoin trading.
- r/BitcoinStocks — subreddit dedicated to Bitcoin stocks.
- r/Jobs4Bitcoins — subreddit to offer your talents and skills in exchange for Bitcoins.
- r/BitcoinMining — subreddit for all things mining.
- r/BitMarket — subreddit for buying and selling in Bitcoin.
- r/BitcoinSerious — subreddit dedicated to ‘reasonable discussion relating to Bitcoin.’
- r/BitcoinBeginners — subreddit for all the beginners to ask questions.
- r/LocalCommunities — a list of Bitcoin communities on Reddit by country.
You can also join to our subreddit:
List of IRC Channels on Freenode:
- #bitcoin — General Bitcoin-related chat
- #bitcoin-dev — Development and Technical
- #bitcoin-otc — Over the counter exchange
- #bitcoin-market — Live quotes from Bitcoin markets
- #bitcoin-mining — Mining related chat
You can find a comprehensive list of Bitcoin-related IRC communities here.
- Whale Team — A trading-related group with a focus on Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Chat — All Bitcoin chat.
- Dash Knights 2.0 — Digital cash related chat.
- Bitcoin Core Community — Discussion about Bitcoin and Bitcoin Core.
- Bitcoin Earnings — A chat where you can post and reply to ads related to Bitcoin.
You are welcome to join Cointelegraph’s сhannel with hot news about cryptocurrency market.
With Bitcoin’s popularity being at an all-time high, there is an enormous amount of Bitcoin-related meetups and conferences, both regular and one-off. Below is a list of event aggregators which can help you find you local Bitcoin-related event.