The SXSW of Blockchain
ConsenSys hosts Ethereal SF event to merge culture and technology.
Blockchain company ConsenSys has announced the Ethereal SF event to be held on Oct. 27 in San Francisco. Ethereal SF follows the successful Ethereal Summit that ConsenSys hosted in New York earlier this year.
This event, billed as the “SXSW of Blockchain,” will be comprised of a mixture of panels, live music, discussions and workshops. The event is intended to make Blockchain technology easier to understand and is billed as a “culture-focused” event rather than a technical one.
ConsenSys began laying the foundation for Ethereal SF during the summer when they opened a San Francisco office for the express purpose of galvanizing the community. The event aims to bring together innovators, futurists and leaders in Blockchain technology.
Impressive list of speakers
Speakers at the event include:
- Peter Diamandis, Founder of XPRIZE Foundation & Co-Founder of Singularity University
- Bryan Johnson, Founder of Kernel, OS Fund, and Braintree
- Taryn Southern, Content Creator, Virtual Reality Enthusiast & YouTube Star
- Gil Penchina, Angel Investor & Entrepreneur
- Galia Benartzi, Co-Founder, Bancor Protocol
- Ayako Miyaguchi, Managing Director, Kraken Japan
- Olaf Carlson-Wee, Founder & CEO, Polychain Capital
- Joseph Lubin, Founder of ConsenSys & Co-Founder of Ethereum
Blockchain as a social movement
Joseph Lubin, Founder of ConsenSys and Co-Founder of Ethereum, envisions Blockchain as a “global movement toward decentralization.” This movement is not merely limited to techies and nerds. Lubin is also targeting “humanitarians, artists, philosophers [and other] future-focused individuals.”
Mike Novogratz, CEO of Galaxy Investment Partners, says “Ethereal is the place to pick up on what’s fast becoming the next big thing.” Tickets are available online at etherealsummit.com.