Imperium Empires has successfully raised $2.1 million in seed funding to build the world’s first AAA-quality space metaverse. It kick-starts a new era of GameFi 2.0 through a unique combination of:
- Deflationary tokenomics via NFT burns in PvP battles;
- Gamifying DeFi and making DeFi accessible to 3 billion gamers worldwide; and
- Tailoring its core gameplay around guilds which allows players team-to-earn together with their friends.
The investment round was co-led by GBV Capital and Three Arrows Capital, with additional participation from the Avalanche foundation (an organization overseeing ecosystem development grants), Avatar (Avalanche Asia Star Fund) and Avalaunch (the largest launchpad on the Avalanche ecosystem). It has also received investments from A&T Capital, CMS Capital, COLONY, KeyChain Capital, Kyros Ventures, Muhabbit Capital Ventures, Paramount Capital and TPS Capital.
“We are impressed by the high calibre of the Imperium Empires team, and proud to support Cliff and his team to build a blockchain game on Avalanche which features AAA-quality graphics and gameplay, well-thought-out tokenomics design, DeFi integration and guild mechanics. We look forward to helping the Imperium Empires team realize their vision of bringing blockchain games to the mass gaming market.”
— Kyle Davies, Co-founder and Chairman at Three Arrows Capital
Imperium Empires is a 3rd person RTS MMO space metaverse set to disrupt the existing Play-To-Earn (P2E) blockchain gaming model by addressing 4 major problems commonly seen in most blockchain games:
- Low-quality graphics and limited gameplay: simply put, there’s no fun playing these games;
- Hyperinflationary and unsustainable tokenomics: no NFT burn mechanisms such that the NFT supply keeps inflating, and play-to-earn rewards drain fast and collapse as the number of players grows;
- Lack of deep DeFi integration: most GameFi projects fail to live up to their promises of the “Fi” part; and
- Lack of guild-based gameplay that bonds guild members together and makes gaming a social experience.
Imperium Empires’ solutions to these problems include:
- Building high-quality graphics and gameplay into the Imperium metaverse with the help of an experienced team of in-house game developers, game designers and blockchain developers;
- Embedding unique NFT burn mechanisms where NFTs (e.g. spaceships) can be damaged or destroyed in PvP zones that players voluntarily enter;
- Gamifying DeFi and acting as a bridge that connects 3 billion gamers worldwide to DeFi protocols. Through partnerships with Trader Joe, BenQi, and Yield Yak, Imperium Empires aims to become the gamified hub of top DeFi protocols on Avalanche, allowing players to enjoy the benefits of DeFi without the steep learning curve of concepts like TVL and liquidity mining; and
- Pioneering “Team-to-Earn” where players join and compete in guilds — guilds can also easily source, manage and train their guild members or scholars through Imperium Empires’ official guild and scholar management system designed for guilds.
“We are happy to support Cliff and the Imperium Empires team to introduce their upcoming GameFi metaverse on AVAX. From our initial discussions, we were impressed with the team’s in-depth understanding of the existing pain points experienced in most GameFi projects. We look forward to working with their team on the tokenomics designs to ensure a sustainable and engaging GameFi model.”
— Christian Ng, Principal at GBV Capital
With the majority of the 3 billion gamers worldwide yet to dive into blockchain games, Imperium Empires is confident that its well-designed graphics, gameplay and guild systems will expand the reach of blockchain games and onboard non-crypto native gamers into the Imperium metaverse.
Find out more from their Twitter and watch the trailer on Youtube.