Charles Hoskinson is a definite drawing card for any blockchain industry event, and Bitcoin Events is no different. The Blockchain Africa Conference is very excited to have the founder of Cardano, and the founder and CEO of Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK), return as a keynote speaker. Hoskinson will be discussing IOHK’s projects using the Cardano blockchain on the African continent. He has previously spoken about the enormous opportunities for blockchain technology implementation in Africa as well as IOHK’s partnerships with several African governments to onboard students and citizens onto the Cardano platform for real-world blockchain implementation.
Hoskinson has supported and funded blockchain research labs worldwide, including the University of Edinburgh, Tokyo Institute of Technology and the University of Wyoming. He has a profound commitment to the industry and has been instrumental in changing perceptions about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
Bitcoin Events’ flagship event, Blockchain Africa Conference 2022, is scheduled to take place virtually in less than three days from now, on March 17 to 18, 2022. The conference will be the eighth in the highly acclaimed series and is expected to assemble 2,000 attendees from more than 50 countries, including investors, start-ups, enthusiasts, developers, corporations, policymakers and regulators that will participate in 25 sessions over the event’s two days.
The Blockchain Africa Conference 2022 will be focusing on the opportunities and use cases that blockchain technology presents to both Africa and the rest of the world. Over the years, the conference themes have evolved and aligned with the global adoption of blockchain technology: “Moving Africa Forward,” “Beyond the Hype,” “From Hype to Mainstream” and now “Ready for Business?”
Discussions at the conference will include:
● What is the state of blockchain technology in enterprise adoption, and what’s next?
● How is blockchain technology unlocking the value of livestock in Africa?
● Are cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology the next generation of cross-border payments in Africa?
● What is the value of self-sovereign identity to organizations and citizens in a South African context?
● Smart contracts can redefine business and are one of the biggest reasons people are excited about blockchain technology and investing in cryptocurrency. Which smart contract platforms are ahead of the rest, and why?
● How can blockchain-based gaming be used as a tool for empowerment in Africa, and what opportunities exist?
● In an uncertain regulatory environment, a staggering $32.8 billion was invested into crypto and blockchain-based businesses in 2021. Is this set to continue, and what type of businesses are gaining traction?
● Nigeria recently became the first African country to launch a Central Bank Digital Currency, the eNaira. What does the future look like for CBDCs on the continent?
● Regulation and compliance: What type of digital asset regulation do we see globally, and what is the impact of regulation on the industry?
The conference’s premier sponsors are Blockchain.com, DafriBank and Klever Finance, and its diamond sponsors are AmaZix, Amber Group, Huobi Global, BNB Chain and Metis. Luno, AltcoinTrader, Tacen, CryptoCurrencyWire, QuidPro and The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank are the gold sponsors of the conference.
The Blockchain Africa Conference 2022 promises to be an action-packed two days of innovative discussions and networking. The conference is an opportunity to connect and network with some of the most influential figures and organizations within the African and global blockchain ecosystem.
Africa is a continent with a very young population, high mobile service penetration and well-established infrastructure. These, among others, are the driving forces accelerating the adoption of blockchain and digital currencies on the continent.
The Blockchain Africa Conference is a valuable opportunity to connect to and learn more about the African blockchain ecosystem.
About Bitcoin Events
Bitcoin Events is the first events company to host world-class blockchain and cryptocurrency-specific conferences in Africa. The company has hosted seven highly successful Blockchain Africa Conferences in Cape Town and Johannesburg, as well as an online 2021 online. Bitcoin Events has also introduced additional annual events such as the Crypto Fest and DeFi Conferences.
A total of 14,000 attendees and 239 speakers from 165 countries have attended these events.